Pinterest Elizabeth I Ramblings & Lifestyle: Moist Banana Bread

Sunday 28 June 2015

Moist Banana Bread

Displaying photo.JPG


If any of you were wondering, yes, I am still alive. I haven't posted in what seems like forever. Summer camp has began for me and it completely draining all life out of me. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I have fallen asleep before 11 pm or gone a week without baking. I am beginning to grasp the hang of things around here and will probably start baking this weekend.


I have always said banana bread, but is it cake? I am so confused, I believe it is called bread because it is a quick bread. Does it really matter though? I mean, why can't we all just get along and not become upset when somebody says chicken instead of turkey? ... Actually, now that I truly think about it, I would become truly enraged if a few people kept calling my turkey and cheese sandwich is chicken. ANYWAY.
Displaying Image.jpg

My mum has been making this bread forever. She normally doubles the recipe and bakes it in a 9 x 13 pan since we always ate it all so quickly. Really, this is amazing.



I made this banana bread (cake?) this past week. It is super moist. The bananas and oil both contribute to the moisture in the bread. I love that this cake has no butter or shortening either, both of which become scarce in a matter of days. Everything in this recipe is probably in your kitchen. Walnuts or chocolate chips can be added. I left mine plain since I am not a huge nut girl, and I appreciated the flavor of the banana.



Moist Banana Bread

Total Time: 2 hrs 40 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 10 - 20 minutes
Inactive: 1 hour
Appliance: Oven


Yield: 1 loaf pan, 12 - 14 slices


Ingredients:

3 large bananas, ripe, mashed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk (I used whole, but 2% and 1%, will be fine.)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 and 3/4 cups flour
1/2 walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)


Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease loaf pan.

Combine bananas, eggs, oil, sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Sift baking soda and flour into the wet ingredients in thirds. Mix well between each increment.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.


_______________________________________________________________________________
My banana bread took 1 hour and 10 minutes to finish. Use the time given as a guide to tell how long the bread should take. Keep a very close eye on it after the 1 hour mark; check the bread by sticking a skewer in the middle. If it has just a few sticky crumbs on it, the bread can be taken out.
_________________________________________________________________________________



If you have any questions comment down below and I will make sure to get back to you as soon as possible! And if you want me to make anything specifically, comment below as well and I will try to make it happen.


I hope you enjoy! Please, if you do make this, you can send me a picture using the hashtag (#awkwardlifeofliz) on Instagram and Twitter.


Social Media Links:

Tumblr-- beesgolizzz  (http://beesgolizzz.tumblr.com/)

Twitter-- https://twitter.com/BEES_GO_LIZZZ
Instagram-- BEES_GO_LIZZZ

Pinterest-- AwkwardLifeofLiz (https://www.pinterest.com/awkwardliz/ )

Peace out, stay safe.








No comments:

Post a Comment